Sunday, October 23, 2011

Days 22 and 23

I spent this weekend with my family at my parents' to celebrate my dad's birthday. Saturday was chalk full of stuffs- so . heh . . . no drawing that day. I'm covering both days today.


Day 22: Someone you Love


I love lots of people <3 My family for one, the wonderful friends that have been so fun and so amazing here, my dear childhood friends, and my fabulous friends that live far away from me. I chose someone who has been there for me even though she lives very very far away from me: Leah.


Leah is an inspiration. She joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter - day Saints a couple years ago and I was blessed and privileged to attend and see the progress. She's amazing. She rides horses like a pro and never gives up on her passion and dreams. She's a great author and artist: so multi-talented! You should see her amazing paintings of horses! I got to visit her this past March/April during my spring break and even though I had to spend two nights in the Las Vegas airport, (crappiest airport to stay overnight by the way) one going and one coming home, it was completely worth it. I loved that week I got to stay with her. Leah, you are beautiful and amazing! She is a ray of sunshine in life. So many things in our life are similar. We're twins in so many ways. ^^ Which is just fine with me. Love you dearly, my friend!


Day 23: Favorite Flower


I love flowers. Mostly in gardens . . . I'm not a huge fan of bouquets cuz they die quickly. ^^; Especially mine. But, flowers have meaning, they're beautiful, and I still like receiving them for the thought. I learned about the different types of flowers a LONG time ago from my dear grandmother who also taught me violin. She had a green thumb. Another multi talented woman. Its hard to pick a favorite. I love lilies of the valley . . those pretty little flowers. <3 But I chose a forget-me- not. The meaning behind the flower, the color, and the shape (kind of like a star) make me happy. I smiled when Elder Uchtdorf talked about the flowers in the General Relief Society meeting.  http://lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/forget-me-not?lang=eng






Forget me not's meaning:
True love, hope, remembrance, memories



No comments:

Post a Comment