Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8: Best friend

I have to put two best friends. My mother: who has always always been there for me, and my dear friend, Andrea, who has been my best friend for years and years.

Andrea just had a beautiful baby girl and lives in another state. We don't get to see each other or even really talk much, but we both know we will always be there for each other. I love her so much. We have many fun stories from growing up, playing after she took piano lessons from my mom, and making up stories with our playing that would last forever! So many quotes and good memories. We even got to be roommates at college, which was absolutely the best.

My mom knows and understands me the best out of everyone. I think we've gotten closer through the years. We're SO much alike. I used to think that there was no way I was going to do what she did for a living and that I wasn't going to be like her. Not because I wasn't grateful or didn't like what she did as a mother, but because I've always wanted to be my own person. Well, guess what . . . I'm a LOT like her. We have both been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. She's had it much longer, and still handles it better than I do. A lot better than I do. She understands the frustration, the pain, the fatigue. She keeps going nonstop, while I have my breakdowns. I get so angry and frustrated that I can do as much in the day as I used to. I used to be go go go go all the time, every minute of the day. Now, I get way too exhausted. She knows all the good and bad, sees more in me than I do  . . ever . .in myself, and makes me want to be a better person. She listens to me even when I'm being a complete pain and knows all the bad- yet still  loves me.

These two have meant the world to me. Thank you isn't enough, but its what I have. <3

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog! I am really getting to know more about you. I didn't know you struggled with fibromyalgia! How sad! I'm glad you have someone who understands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessie! You are such a sweetie! I miss you so much! How are you?

    ReplyDelete