Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day- celebrating the most amazing women


My mom is my best friend. Literally. She and I are ridiculously alike. She is the most kind-hearted, generous, and loving person. The truest friend anyone could ever know. She is classy and spiritual, and makes the best cookies you'll ever have. She taught me how to care about people and how to always use your talents to enrich other's lives. She is my heroine. 


Playing in a pit orchestra currently . . .  especially a Roger's and Hammerstein one reminds me of some of my favorite moments of playing with my mom. We always got to be stand partners and would enjoy the bonding of sharing laughs and the joy of music. Usually one of my siblings (most of the time Missy ^^) would be up on stage in the play while we were in the pit. I have a dear love of playing in the pit for musicals and I believe that is part of it: sharing the experience with my mom. 


Mom cries at beautiful music, and feels deeply. I'm getting more and more like this, and as annoying as it is to be a cry-baby, we see the world through unique, emotional, artistic eyes. She is extremely creative, artistic, and multi-talented. 


She's had to deal with a lot. Raised seven kids, lost her own mother and best friend too many years ago, and still has to deal with health issues. She understands and is empathetic, and deals with the health problems better than I deal with mine . . . by far. 


Mom has touched so many lives. Not only her seven children and her husband's, but thousands of students, friends, and countless animals. I love you, Mom. I am so blessed to be your daughter. Thank you for your lessons, love, and friendship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment