Sunday, April 22, 2012

Musicals are the best!

    I LOVE playing in a pit orchestra for musicals! LOVE it! I get to be apart of the production, I usually love the music, its hard enough in places but not super hard, and I meet such fun people! I used to play in pit orchestras with my mom and we would be stand partners. My siblings would usually be involved in either acting or playing in the pit as well. Musicals just make me so happy and bring back some of the best memories I've had with my mother. Even if the musical is dumb, its still so fun to be involved. They take you back to happy times, where music is used to express something words can't alone. 
    Speaking of my mother, I got to go home for a bit this weekend, which is always great. ^^ We discussed a bit how gender is so skewed now. She and I love watching Jane Austen, or the old Disney movies together, and we realized part of why we love them so much is the fact men are MEN and women act like WOMEN. Its so  . . . confusing and frustrating seeing in the media the blurring of the lines. Why do you think kids now are so confused? We are different and we have different roles. Its nice to see a woman that  can be feminine. And feminine does NOT mean weak. She can still be strong and stick up for herself while still acting like a GIRL! Like Fanny Price. She's fairly weak physically but morally and mentally, she isn't. And she's feminine: gentle, caring, and tries to be graceful. Its sad how chivalry and gender has blurred so much. 
    Love my mom and my family. We're far from perfect, but I feel such support from my parents. Even when I don't feel I've lived up to "expectations," they never have made me feel like that. Home was great. I've also caught another restless travel bug . . . and no money. Doh! Taxes! Arg!

1 comment:

  1. I love musicals as well. They speak to me in a way that words alone cannot. And its so true that gender roles are messed up. We need strong, female role models in our lives. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete