Sunday, May 20, 2012

A glimpse of mommyhood . . .

After a crap day at work, a car dying and needing to buy a new one this week, worrying about money, etc. etc., it was a blessing to have a reminder of what is really important last night. My sister took me out to sushi, which was SO at a needed time! I love having some family close. They really are the best friends and the ones who are there all the time. Sometimes its difficult not having super close friends near you, though partially that's my doing working at the usual social times. But, a girl has to work. Anyway- though I do have some AMAZING friends who live cross country (wish we lived closer). Wow, I'm rambling today! ok, back on topic: I've always wanted to be a mom, and there are moments I have a difficult time coping with the fact I have to keep waiting for something that I consider of most importance. But, I have some sweet moments that keep me going as an aunt. Last night, after having sushi with my sister, I watched my nephew and niece so she could go to a movie with her hubby. They had an early bedtime and headed to bed fairly soon after my sister left. We were having fun playing, and I was actually really sad to send them to bed so early. They both went without a fuss, which is rare. ;) much to their aunt's surprise. My nephew got ready for bed and fell asleep as I was getting my younger niece ready, so I didn't get to give him a hug. But, when I put my niece down, she called me back in, because she just wanted to "talk" in her year-old talking with me while she settled in.(She calls me "Manna" and I love it <3)  She was falling asleep so I said goodnight and "I love you." She said "luv too," and my heart just MELTED. I love being an aunt. LOVE it. It was the easiest night babysitting and made my night. It reminded me that all the junk I was stressing out about wasn't important. Family is important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment