Sunday, September 11, 2011

I will never forget

I will never forget this day ten years ago. 9/11 always tugs at my heart. I'm SO grateful they caught Bin Laden this year by those brave men over in the middle east. There is, however, something that maims this day. I'm so angry that the mayor of NYC has said that there's no room at the commemoration for the families and the rescuers. They should be the ONLY ones that room is made for.
Also, no clergymen allowed there. How can we slap God in the face?! It is thanks to Him not more died. What does it take for us to remember Him? I'm including a link to President Monson's words that were asked for at this difficult time: http://lds.org/study/prophets-speak-today/unto-all-the-world/heavenly-father-is-with-us-in-every-season?lang=eng Noone could say it better. What are they thinking? What is better to comfort those that mourn than the words of our Father in Heaven? Politicians piss me off. ('scuse my lack of lady-likeness)
I'm currently watching a documentary as I get ready for church on those brave rescuers, and volunteers from ALL over that helped so many. Thank you. Those who give of their time to help others . . . that is what makes America great. It renews my faith in people. That is America at its best- Americans at their best. So many people worked tirelessly day and night to find survivors and people around the city and all over provided aid. The clergymen all around to help spiritually. How could we not allow them to do the same ten years later? So many forget so soon. Don't forget the stories of this day. Don't forget Him. We can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment