Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving . . late


Here is my very late thankful list. I guess its better late than never, and a good time to do it after a disappointing, bad fibro, not accomplishing anything week.
            First: I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love church, even when I don’t always feel like I belong in my ward. I will be forever grateful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is my brother and my friend. He suffered the Atonement for me and for all of us. He fulfilled the demands of justice with his mercy. I love the Book of Mormon and I’m so grateful for a modern day prophet and revelation. I’m thankful for prayer and for temples. One of the greatest days of my life was going through the temple with my mom and family to get my endowments out. I’m so grateful for those beautiful houses of God that allow us through the sealing power and power of the priesthood to have forever families.
            Second, I am so thankful for my family. With constant change and friends that aren’t always there, family is. I am so blessed to have amazing, good parents who have taught me well, and give me so much love and support. My mother is my best friend. She is the only one I tell everything to and that I’m completely myself around. Probably not the best for her . . . but she handles it well. My Dad has set the standard for what I’d like in a guy. He’s hardworking and so supportive. He makes me laugh, even if he teases ;) I’m grateful to an older sister who lets me do laundry at her place and likes to spend time with me. I’m also grateful for all my siblings, but especially Missy right now since she has to deal with me the most recently.
            I had a wonderful time in Utah over Thanksgiving. I have a very wise, ambitious brother who usually gives me some good advice, and a sister in law who is the sweetest person with the biggest heart. I love her like she was my blood sister. I’m also so thankful my long lost cousin came to visit over Thanksgiving. She is beautiful and amazing and I am so grateful that I was able to meet her.
            I am grateful for wonderful people that have been put in my life. I’ve met so many amazing people. I am especially grateful for those who have been there for me throughout my life, through the good AND bad.
            Even though my health has frustrated me a LOT and makes things annoying sometimes, I am thankful I can walk, that things work well enough, that I can see, hear, and speak. I can still play the violin and teach it. I always wanted to perform: to do things like play background music for movies, be a Lindsay Stirling, or play in a professional orchestra, but I’m blessed to have sweet students and even HAVE a job; especially a job that I enjoy.
            This may sound ridiculous, but I’m thankful for dogs. They make me giggle, make me happy, and are so fun. Heck, I’m grateful for lots of cute fuzzy animals that like to cuddle.
            I’m thankful I was born and raised in Idaho and in the US. I pray we don’t get destroyed, and I will always fight for the Constitution.
            I’m grateful for books, electricity, food, nature, and all of God’s beautiful creations. There is an endless list of what I am grateful for, and I’m thankful for a time to reflect on all of it. It is also a time to reflect on who I am and what I’d like to become. Even though there is a LOT I’d like to change, I’m thankful for the strengths and blessings my Heavenly Father gave me. I need to remember them more often and use them.
            Happy Holidays! I’m also grateful for the Christmas season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment